If you’re looking for a breakdown of the best hand cannons in Destiny 2, you’re in the right place. It was a difficult choice but we’ve chosen 10 that we think are quite awesome.
Let’s talk about the technical perks of each Cannon, and we’ll tell you exactly how you can get your hands on one. If you’re more of a bow player, we’ve also got a guide on how to get a bow in Destiny on our site.
Please note that the hand cannons have evolved over the lifetime of the game and might continue to, due to updates and new season entries.
Hand cannons are arguably the coolest weapons in Destiny. They do a lot of damage and are good to rely on in close-range combat. Aesthetically, they look similar to many iconic real-life revolvers and magnums. Game developers have an awesome way of taking what’s in the real world and mixing it up with some futuristic stuff to create incredible gaming concept art for weapons, terrain, and costumes too. Bungie does this so well in Destiny on their weapons.
Table of Contents
- Choosing the Right Hand Cannon For Your Character
- List Of Top Ten Destiny 2 Hand Cannons
Condensing all of the hand cannons in Destiny 2 to a top 10 list is difficult, especially considering how all of them have different perks. All hand cannons have different handling and they have their advantages and disadvantages.
Choosing the Right Hand Cannon For Your Character
You’ll need to choose wisely which hand cannon to use depending on the scenario you’re facing in the game. It’s always best to test all of them out at some point.
Hand Cannon Design Style Versus Function
Perhaps you’re only choosing a hand cannon simply because of the way it looks.
- Some gamers are all about Design style and will stay true to a specific Hand Cannon that matches their game hero’s skin, and perhaps that color will be featured in their gaming setup too.
- Other gamers will choose a weapon based on what it can do in a given scenario, For example, if you’re facing a horde of enemies, some hand cannons are better while others are better to take down thick or tank-like enemies.
However you make that choice, here’re the cannon options we think you should try first.
List Of Top Ten Destiny 2 Hand Cannons
The Eriana’s Vow hand cannon is one of the best hand cannons in Destiny 2. It has great accuracy and firepower, making it a formidable weapon in any situation. The gun is also relatively lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
The Eriana’s Vow hand cannon is a great choice for any Guardian who wants a reliable and powerful weapon.
Where To Get It: Purchased from the Exotic Kiosk in the Tower.
Price: 1 Exotic Cipher, 100,000 Glimmer, 150 Helium Filaments, and 1 Ascendant Shard.
Eriana’s Vow, was released with the Shadowkeep expansion,
- Is Destiny 2’s only Special ammo Hand Cannon;
- Releases Anti-Barrier rounds with each trigger pull.
- Fires slowly with the range of a Sniper Rifle,
- Can pierce right through Barrier Champion shields.
Hawkmoon is a hand cannon that was added in Destiny 2. It has great stability and accuracy, making it a great choice for medium to long-range engagements. Additionally, it has a high magazine size which can be helpful in extended firefights.
The downside to Hawkmoon is that it has a relatively slow rate of fire. This can be mitigated somewhat by using the Rapid Fire Frame perk, but it will still be slower than most other hand cannons.
If you’re looking for a reliable and accurate hand cannon, Hawkmoon is a great choice. It’s especially good for extended engagements where you’ll need to maintain a high degree of accuracy.
Where To Get It: Sold by Xur.
Hawkmoon is a one-shotting beast:
- Landing precision hits in 140 RPM.
- Has increased range, handling, and reload speed.
- On the last bullet in the mag, it gains an absurd boost to its damage.
- Champions lose half of their health in Legend and Master when using Paracasual Bullet.
- Excellent weapon to pair with any burst DPS weapon.
- Can kill fodder and bosses with little issue.
Traits To use: Rangefinder, Killing Wind, Surplus
Fatebringer is one of the most powerful hand cannons in Destiny 2. It has a high impact rating, making it perfect for taking down enemies quickly. It also has a high rate of fire, making it perfect for close-quarter combat.
Where To Get It: Vault of Glass raid (Templar and Gatekeeper encounters)
Fatebringer is a fan favorite.
- It features a great stat package.
- Has an Adept variant.
- Stagger just about every enemy with Explosive Payload.
- Osmosis allows Fatebringer to take on any element.
- Kill Clip makes your rounds hit much harder in mid-tier content.
Traits to use: Explosive Payload, Osmosis, Firefly, Kill Clip, Frenzy
Bottom Dollar is a powerful hand cannon that is often overlooked in favor of other, more popular weapons. However, this weapon is a powerhouse and should not be underestimated. It has a high rate of fire and deals significant damage, making it perfect for taking down enemies quickly. Bottom Dollar is well worth the investment and is sure to become one of your favorite weapons in Destiny 2.
Where To Get It: Gambit matches and Engrams
Bottom Dollar is
- 120 RPM Hand Cannon.
- Drops after a Gambit game.
- Large perk pool.
- Makes obtaining a god roll near impossible.
- PvE enemies don’t stand a chance against this weapon’s high base damage. which can be further
- Amplified with Multi kill Clip or Rampage.
- Only 120 RPM Hand Cannon in the Energy slot which rolls with Explosive Payload.
- It is an Aggressive Frame Hand Cannon, which is not the best in the PvE endgame.
- But when equipped with good perks, it’s an exception.
Traits to use: Rapid Hit, Outlaw, Multi kill Clip, Explosive Payload, Dragonfly
Ace of Spades Exotic Hand Cannon
The Ace of Spades is one of the most powerful hand cannons in Destiny 2. It boasts a high rate of fire and impressive damage, making it a formidable weapon in any situation. It’s also incredibly accurate, making it perfect for taking down enemies at long range.
The Ace of Spades is a beloved weapon by many Destiny 2 players, and it’s easy to see why. It’s an incredibly versatile hand cannon that can be used in a variety of situations. Whether you’re taking down enemies at long range or close quarters, the Ace of Spades is a powerful weapon that will help you get the job done.
If you’re looking for a hand cannon that packs a serious punch, then you need the Ace of Spades in your arsenal. This weapon is sure to help you take down even the most difficult enemies.
Where To Get It: Purchased from the Exotic Kiosk in the Tower.[Text Wrapping Break]Price: 1 Exotic Cipher, 125,000 Glimmer, 200 Microphasic Datalattice, and 1 Ascendant Shard.
- 140 RPM Hand Cannon
- Has five perks on it.
- Permanent Kill Clip effect for six shots after reloading.
- Causes a massive Solar explosion on targets.
- Flinches targets with High-Caliber rounds.
- Maintains radar while aiming.
- Grants increased reload speed on precision kills.
- Has high base stats.
Nation of Beasts Hand Cannon
The Nation of Beasts hand cannon is one of the best hand cannons in Destiny 2. It has great accuracy and firepower, and it’s perfect for taking down enemies quickly. If you’re looking for a powerful hand cannon that can handle any situation, the Nation of Beasts is a good choice.
Where To Get It: Last Wish raid (Curated roll drops from Morgeth).
The Nation of Beasts Hand Cannon can be found at the last wish raid.
- 140 RPM Hand Cannon
- Good perk pool.
- Outlaw and Kill Clip
- One-tap most red bar enemies.
Nation of Beasts is good to take to Legend or Master-Tier.
- You can damage targets at further ranges.
- Kill enemies quickly without relying on headshots.
- Countering Overload Champions when Overload Rounds are available through the seasonal Artifact.
Traits to use: Outlaw, Explosive Payload, Kill Clip
Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver
The Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver is one of the best hand cannons in Destiny 2. It has high accuracy and stability, making it a great choice for anyone looking to dominate the battlefield. Additionally, it also has a high fire rate, giving you the ability to take down your opponents quickly.
Where To Get It: Legendary world Engrams
The Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver is;
- 180 RPM Hand Cannon.
- Can spawn Warmind Cells.
- Strongest Legendary Kinetic.
Can roll with Fourth Times the Charm and Vorpal Weapon.
- 20% damage buff against bosses and a near-bottomless magazine.
- Pair this with the Hunter’s Lucky Pants Exotic.
- Absurd damage that can match Heavy weapons.
- Can Spec heavily into Warmind Cells.
Traits To Use: Fourth Times the Charm, Vorpal Weapon, Timed Payload
There are many great hand cannons in Destiny 2, but the Sunshot is easily one of the best. This weapon fires a burst of solar energy that can take down enemies quickly. It also has a built-in perk that increases the damage of your next shot if you make a kill with the weapon.
The Sunshot is a great all-around weapon, and it’s especially useful in the crucible. This weapon is one of the best hand cannons in Destiny 2, and it’s sure to help you get plenty of kills.
If you’re looking for a hand cannon that packs a punch, look no further than the Sunshot. This weapon is sure to help you take down your enemies quickly and efficiently.
Where To Get It: Exotic Engrams found through Xur or world drops.
- 150 RPM Exotic Hand Cannon with explosive rounds.
- A stronger version of Dragonfly.
- 40% damage buff Exotic Primaries received in Witch Queen.
- Easy to create explosive mayhem with Sunshot.
Malfeasance is one of the best hand cannons in Destiny 2. It has a high damage output and a very fast fire rate, making it an ideal weapon for taking down enemies quickly. Malfeasance is also incredibly accurate, allowing you to hit your targets with ease. The only downside to this weapon is that it has a very limited magazine size, so you will need to reload often. But overall, Malfeasance is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a powerful hand cannon in Destiny 2.
Where To Get It: Complete the “Darkness in the Light” quest (obtained from Gambit).
- jack-of-all-trades Primary.
- Notable buffs;
- 50% buff Malfeasance’s slug explosions from Bungie 30th Anniversary Patch
- 40% damage buff versus red bars.
The rework to Lucky Pants in Season of the Lost.
The buff to Malfeasance’s base damage and slugs have made it a treat for killing red bars and majors alike in most PvE content, capable of holding its own in the Witch Queen’s Legendary campaign. It feels great, is easy to use, and can chip away at majors better than many other Exotic Hand Cannons.
Eyasluna is a powerful hand cannon that can be obtained as a reward from the weekly Nightfall strike. It has great stability and recoil reduction, making it easy to keep your shots on target. Eyasluna also packs a punch, dealing significant damage against enemies.
This makes it a great choice for taking down tough enemies such as bosses.
If you’re looking for a hand cannon that packs a serious punch, then consider Eyasluna. This weapon can be obtained as a reward from the weekly Nightfall strike, and it’s well worth the effort. It has amazing stability and recoil reduction, making it easy to keep your shots on target.
Plus, its damage output is significant, making it ideal for taking down tough enemies such as bosses. So if you’re looking for a top-tier hand cannon, be sure to check out Eyasluna.
Where To Get It: Grasp of Avarice dungeon
- Good stat package and solid PvP perks.
- Has a powerful Headstone perk.
- Allows Eyasluna to dish out immense AoE damage while synergizing with Stasis Aspects and Fragments.
Traits to use: Unrelenting, Rapid Hit, Headstone
There you have it, our picks for the 10 best hand cannons in Destiny 2. We’re sure you’ve got a favorite of your own, jump into the game and try each of these out. You won’t be disappointed.